(Murano 1892-1977 Venice) designed for Zecchin Martinuzzi, c. 1933. The oval body on a standing ring, four strong, grooved decorative handles fused onto the shoulder. Dark violet, almost black glass with dense silver tinsel enamels and transparent overlay, stand ring, mouth and handle overlaid with red. H. 34 cm. - The manufactory was founded in 1932 by the sculptor Martinuzzi and the engineer Francesco Zecchin and was represented at the Biennale in 1932 and 1934. Although the manufactory had to close again at the end of the 1930s, it had a great influence on the other glass manufactories in Venice.
In unserer Frühjahrs-Auktion am 26. & 27. März 2021
In our Spring Auction in March 26 & 27 2021