Upper Swabia,around 1630, attributed to Jörg and Michael Zürn.
The fully sculpted Madonna of Iime wood stands on a richly curved pedestal with the Christ Child in her arms.
Lush folds of her garment frame the intimate depiction of the mother with her child. With a sceptre in her hand, she gracefully yet dignifiedly points to the miracle on her arm. The Christ Child looks at the viewer and, with the globe in his hand, is the expression of divine grace.
From the important workshop of the Zürn family of sculptors on Lake Constance, in addition to large ecclesiastical commissions, such as the altar of the Virgin Mary in Überlingen Minster and works in Salem Monastery, sculptures have survived that were more for private devotion.
Height 22.5 cm.